I actually cannot believe I am typing this but Clementine has reached 6 months old already! It still feels like yesterday when we arrived home from the hospital with her, placed her in the middle of the room in the car seat and stared at her not knowing what to do. But here we are 6 months later and things have changed so much since then.
She has changed so much in just the last few weeks, let alone 6 months!
Looking back at those photos it’s hard to believe just how small she was. When she was born she weighed 7lb 8oz, last week at her last weigh in she was 15lb 4oz. She is just below the 50th percentile for weight, which is where she has been the whole time. If I am completely honest I still don’t really understand the whole chart/percentile things but she seems to be doing well so that’s all that matters.
We have begun the journey of moving onto solids. Clem showed an interest in food quite early on, so we used to give her food to hold whilst we ate. She has a mixture of puree and whatever we are eating. So far she seems to like pittas, bagels, toast, carrots, cucumber, avocado, in fact I don’t think there is anything she has tried that she hasn’t liked. Her favourite puree is a baby rice, banana and blueberries Ellas kitchen pouch.
- Rolling around on her play mat.
- Blowing raspberries (especially with a mouthful of food/milk)
- Music – especially Taylor Swift, whenever music comes on the tv/radio/in a shop she stops making noise and listens.
- Bath time and splashing around with her ducks.
- Sucking on the labels of toys/clothes/anything she can get her hands on. I am in the middle of making her a taggie toy as I am fed up of finding soggy labels on everything she gets her hands on, including my tops!
- Stealing mummy’s and daddy’s glasses.
- Going backwards.
- Getting dressed – it’s gone from hating being nude to loving it!
- Not being able to crawl/walk/run. Clem can’t wait to be on the move, and gets very frustrated when she can’t get to where she wants to.
I can’t wait to see what the next 6 months will bring us!